IHSA established the Safe Worker Award Program for employers to recognize the health and safety performance of their employees. It's a symbol of your company's commitment to health and safety.
Benefits of the Program
- Demonstrates the importance of working safely
- Demonstrates the company's appreciation of a job well done
- Builds confidence in individuals and gives them confidence in the company
- Shows customers and other companies the quality of service you provide
- Documents the employee's and the company's history of safety
- Improves employee morale
If an employee works for a full calendar year (January 1 to December 31) without a compensable incident, he or she is eligible for the Safe Worker Award.
For the first year, workers must have been full-time employees for at least 75% of the year. There are two exceptions to this rule:
- An authorized company leave of absence or a layoff, and
- An illness or injury that prevents the person from working.
For more info, download the Safe Worker Award brochure.