IHSA established the Safe Driver Award Program for employers to recognize the health and safety performance of their employees. It's a symbol of your company's commitment to health and safety.
Benefits of The Program
- Demonstrates the importance of working safely
- Demonstrates the company's appreciation of a job well done
- Improves employee morale
- Builds confidence in individuals and gives them confidence in the company
- Documents the employee's and the company's history of safety
- Shows customers and other companies the quality of service you provide
If a driver works for a full calendar year (January 1 to December 31) without a motor vehicle incident (MVI), he or she is eligible for the Safe Driver Award. The year for school bus drivers goes from July 1 to June 30 to better reflect their schedule.
For the first year, drivers must have been full-time employees for at least 75% of the year. There are two exceptions to this rule:
- An authorized company leave of absence or a layoff, and
- An illness or injury that prevents the person from working.
For more info, download the Safe Driver Award brochure.